Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Expectations vs Reality...


In '500 Days of Summer', there is an interesting split-screen part which portrayed two very different situations at the same time. One showed what Tom expected; what he really really wanted to happen. The other showed what actually happened; as always, reality will bite you hard in the arse no matter how big you dream.
Life is not like how it is in the movies. But at least the split-screen part was right.
'You always want what you can't have, but you've got to try.' Even if you know things will never turn out right in the end? Even if you know you'll eventually fuck things up? I'm not being a pessimist here. I'm just being realistic.
People scoff and laugh their heads off when FAM set their targets for Malaysia to play in World Cup 2014. Is that being negative? I admit, I love my country and I belt out my full support for the boys in yellow wherever and whoever they play. But in reference to the 'target', please. BE REALISTIC.
Back to the issue being discussed. I want a happy life ahead of me. Who doesn't? Only right now, I don't see it coming soon. Heck, I don't see it coming at all. Quoting Carlos Luiz Zafon's words, 'when you doubt yourself even for a minute, you've lost that hope to carry on'.
Yes, I've lost all hope right now. Diri sendiri pun tak terjaga. Dah macam sampah. Macam mana nak jaga orang lain?
There is a hint of truth in that statement, harsh as it is. Expectations? No more. Time to get real. Fake plastic smile? Your service is greatly required right now. Hey ho. Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment