Friday, April 3, 2009

Days of Ashes...

'if you can't beat them, join them!' Well, here I am. I must admit, I'm not an ardent fan of blogs and stuff, but after going through some of my friends' writings (due to the thought of 'apa lagi kah yg harus ku buat dgn servis internet ini?') 'bloggin' does seem quite interesting after all.
I seriously don't care if nobody ever visits this page and what not, because it's MY blog. It's my own personal space where I can speak whatever I want about whatever I think. Malaysia is, after all, a democratic country where everyone is free to speak their minds, right?
Speaking of minds, I'm glad I've finally 'freed' my mind from all those thoughts and memories of yesteryear, which have kept haunting me and killing me slowly from inside. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night, cursing and swearing after dreaming of things that I can't possibly get. I no longer contemplate whether things would return into place like how it used to be before. I no longer believe that life has always been unfair, or that 'nice guys finish last'.
These fears and shadows may still remain inside me, but my days of ashes are officially over. It's time I start savouring the things that matter the most to me, rather than wishing for things that aren't just meant to be. It's time for me to live my life the way I want it to be and explore everything that comes my way.
I would like to thank my blood-brothers (you know who you are, dudes) for sticking with me through thick and thin and helping me get back on my own two feet after I crippled myself falling from the skies. One of my brothers once mentioned, 'Love may come and go, but brotherhood is thicker than the blood running through your veins.' Right on, brother.
I may have lost the one thing that I've held on to for so long, but I'm not going to lose anything anymore. I'm not the same old boy who was always dreaming of a happy life ahead of him, but I'm now a man who is working his ass off to ensure that 'happy life ahead of him' becomes a reality.
So long, days of ashes. It's time to start over fresh and sober, free from any left-overs of yesteryear...

2 comments: