Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Letter from Heaven...

I came across this story on the internet not long ago. A very touching story about the death of a nine year-old boy who suffered from cancer, and a letter he wrote to his mother from the skies above.
Shortly after his funeral, the boy's mother sat alone in his bedroom, clutching his toys and stuff, weeping in silence and asking herself, 'of all the things I have in this world, why must God take away my little baby?' At that very moment, the mother sensed a sudden urge to look through her son's drawers, and there it was. A letter addressed to 'Mommy', and she could recognize that handwriting anywhere. It was a letter from her son.

'Dear mommy. Upon reaching the gates of heaven, I was given a very warm welcome. The angels all around me sang beautifully, and God greeted me with a big smile. I sat on His lap and asked Him if I could write to you from heaven, but He politely said no. I told Him that you would be missing me so much, and I just wanted to tell you not to worry about me. He smiled again and gave me His pen and a piece of paper. He told me that only you can read this 'magic' letter, as it would appear blank to everyone else.
I don't want you to cry for me anymore, mommy. I'm happy here and I want you to be happy too. Now that I'm in heaven, my cancer is gone and I no longer feel any pain. So, you don't have to worry. The angels have promised to take good care of me here, and I'm pretty sure they will.
I don't want you to throw away all my stuff. I want you to keep them, not because I want you to always think of me. But I want you and Daddy to adopt a son, and give him everything that was once mine. My clothes, my toys, and the endless love that you have always provided. I never wanted to leave you, but since I'm gone now, I want you to always have a son to love, just like when you had me.
I have to go now, mommy. God says He needs His pen to write in the Book of Life. Maybe I'll write again to you some other time. The angel Gabriel will take this letter to you, and I told him to put it somewhere in my room. I don't know where, but I'm glad you found it.
I'll always love you, mommy. I'll love you forever, just like how you love me. Sorry for leaving you and Daddy, but I'm sure there's something better awaiting you ahead. Goodbye, mommy.
PS. Don't forget to thank God for lending me His pen.'


I almost cried reading this. The letter was from a NINE year-old. Even children know that life must go on, no matter how bad it may seem. Come to think of it, do you realize how WE usually react to life's trials and tribulations?

No comments:

Post a Comment