Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rock & Roll Never Dies!

We've not had our usual jamming sessions recently, due to the heavy workload everyone's complaining about, and I think my nerves are all tied up. All work and no play made Jack a dull boy, and I would never want that to happen to me. Kawan2 ku..marilah kita g jam..please?huhu..
I'm not a professional, but I'm lucky to have band-mates who have their own skills and talents. Every time we jam, I don't feel like an amateur, because these dudes never fail to light up my spirits. That's why we always 'rock & roll' like there's no tomorrow!=p
Music has always been the one thing that bonds us together, although we're all different in many ways. Different music genres or ideologies? F**k that crap. Music is universal, and you should be thankful to The Al-Mighty for blessing you with these little things called ears so that you can listen to all the comforting sounds everywhere around you.
I'm not picky with music, because I grew up listening to many many different types of music(my late dad used to be a musician during his pre-marital years, but he gave it up as my mother didn't approve of it as a decent profession). I knew about QUEEN, LED ZEPPELIN, BLACK SABBATH and all other 'rock & roll powerhouses' before I even started primary school, and I've never discriminated any type of music that I hear. Indon? J-Rock? Pop? Heck, I can even sing along to some Hindustani songs that my mom loves!hahahaha..
Music may be percieved as 'melalaikan' by certain people(no offence to anyone), but music to me is chicken soup for the soul. It's you who determines whether it's 'melalaikan' or not. You don't have to neglect other important matters in life just to cater to your fanatism towards music. You don't have to give up your career just to pursue your dreams of becoming a rock-star. When you get tangled up in all those shit, that's when it becomes really 'melalaikan'.
And now, i'm preaching about music(how ironic!). I think I'd better stop before I go further on and on and on. You may have heard this before, but I'm still going to say it. 'A lot of things in life may come and go, but ROCK & ROLL NEVER DIES!!!'

No comments:

Post a Comment