Sunday, April 5, 2009

In Loving Memories...

When Allahyarham Kamaruzzaman Sarjonoh passed away back in 2006, I was still getting to know him. We rarely met after I enrolled into boarding school, as I was home only during the long school holidays. He was of course, 'rarely' at home, but I couldn't blame him for being a Singaporean and having to keep his job over at the tiny republic just to make sure we had food on our table.
'Don't they always seem to go? You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.' I'd have to agree with Joni Mitchell. I've always had an angel of a father, but being the pathetic homosapien that I am, I've never realized that fact until the day The Al-Mighty called his name from up in the heavens.
His absence remains a deafening silence in the air around me until this very day, stirring up emotions inside me that I have yet learnt to stifle with words. I had not only lost a father; I lost a friend, a strong supportive hand and a guardian. He was the type of man I wanted to grow up to be when I was a child, but I know I will never get even close to that level.
If there was a Noble prize for the best father, Allahyarham would have nailed it for many years running. No doubt about that. He would also have won countless medals of honour for his courage, passion and determination during his tireless 'years of service'. But even if he didn't get all that, I would still be the proudest son on the entire planet.
Allahyarham may not be here with me today, but I know that he can always see and hear me from up there, smiling and striking his favourite 'thumbs-up' pose whenever I acheive success in anything I do.
'You will make my strength your own. You may feel left-out at times, but always remember that you are never alone. You will see my life through your eyes, the way I see yours through mine.'
In loving memories, I recite Al-Fatihah and pray may Allah SWT bless your soul for eternity...We all miss you...

No comments:

Post a Comment